Security grilles are a highly sought-after security measure used by most individuals under varied circumstances—these act as a barrier to prevent disturbance oriented tasks that might cause damage to one’s property or belongings. A grille is exceptionally customisable, as a result of which it can be moulded to fit any surface that requires guarding. This might include both interior or exteriors of residential and commercial areas alike.
Installing security grilles will prove to be resourceful towards protecting your valuables and other commodities against theft or other threats. These are easy to fix and do not damage property at the time of installation. These are also praised for their features of enabling suitable visibility, brightness and ensuring ventilation capacity. This is not a readily available feature in many other security provisions that seal space to protect it. With such measures, there would be a high likelihood of limited or low natural light, dampness and resulting moulding among the precious stored goods.
Positives Associated With Grille Installation:
1. These are easy to use and are retractable. As a result, they do not take away from the visual appearance of a space. These can be moved out of the way whenever they are not being used; thus, they do not cause any obstacles as well.
2. A grille application is available in both the manual and motor operated varieties. You can choose the one that meets your requirements more adequately. Grilles are heavy-duty, sturdy and are made of highly durable material.
3. Security grilles are fundamentally low maintenance and require little care after installation. The installation process is also extraordinarily straightforward and can be executed by a professional service agency neatly and promptly.
4. Since a grille is an open lattice design, it ensures that your premise receives plenty of natural light and air circulation. This design provides visibility and further allows one to keep a check on things. Plus, they are extremely economical and value for money.
5. Installing grilles does not restrict you from using your previously fitted doors or windows; these simply add on another layer of security to protect your property.
Types Of Security Grilles Based On Operation:
1. Side folding security grilles: These kinds are primarily used in malls, airports or retail outlets. These are created with anti-theft or break-in prevention ideology and have a side-folding feature. That is, they open and close sideways and offer high security and visibility.
2. Motor operated grilles: As the name suggests, this grille is operated electronically through a motor mechanism. They are often used to secure off-limit areas and open vertically, i.e. upwards. These are exceptionally easy to control and have a long life.
3. Counter rolling grille: These are used as a barrier to restrict people from getting too close. Majorly used at places where attending to a large number of people is required. For example, schools, cafeterias, museums, theatres, among other such sites. These are highly durable and ensure visibility along with communication accessibility.
4. Scissor gate: Here, grille technology is used to create rolling gates; the criss-cross design of these is akin to that of scissors. They are used to protect larger vertical surface areas like commercial, retail or industrial property. Certain factory or residential elevators also use this variety of security grille as doors.
5. Custom security grilles: Security grilles have significant scope for customisation. Thus, you can choose a variety that is suitable to your needs, with or with a similar application to the ones mentioned above.
Here, we strive to imbibe a basic understanding of security grilles’ functioning, operation, and use among interested individuals looking into installing them.